Educational Goals and Learning Outcomes
Evolution - antibiotic resistance in bacteria
- Utilze scientific method to demonstrate evolution in a population of cells
- Work with bacteria using sterile techniques
- Communicate scientific information.
Learning Outcomes - Students will:
- Describe experimental design used to select for drug-resistant bacteria.
- Apply evolutional theory to antibiotic resistance in clinical settings.
- Analyze experimental data to determine whether bacteria have evolved over time.
- Construct logically constistent explaination for the origin and expansion of antibiotic resistance in bacterial population.
- Evaluate statements related to evolution vs. creationism using experimental evidence.
© Copyright 2012 Department of
Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org