Educational Goals and Learning Outcomes
Information - design and test new promoter
- Utilze scientific method to determine if promoters function as expected.
- Apply synthetic biology methods to evaluate information processing by bacteria.
- Communicate scientific information.
Learning Outcomes - Students will:
- Explain how to find a promoter and how to assemble one from oligos.
- Interpret experimental data to determine if a promoter functions as expected.
- Differentiate between different promoters to characterize their properties.
- Organize the promoters used in lab into functional categories.
- Rate a collection of promoters for their experimental utility.
© Copyright 2012 Department of
Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: email@example.com