1) What is a genomic library?
2) a. Draw a box around one ribose.
b. Label the 5' end of both strands.
c. Draw a triangle around the nucleotide on the top strand which was added last when the strand was synthesized.
d. Is this DNA or RNA? See magnified nucleotide below.
3) What is a P element?
4) What is the target molecule of in situ hybridization?
5) What is the difference between a Western blot, a Southern blot, and a Northern blot?
6) Give the names of the following amino acids.
W I L D C A T S
7) List all the ingredients you would need to add to a restriction enzyme digestion.
8) List the parts of a typical plasmid.
9) What is an expression vector?
Molecular Biology Main Page
Biology Main Page