This page was created for an undergraduate course at Davidson College.
Ortholog Main Page
Picture taken from: PDB, 1ai2
Isocitrate Dehydrogenase Complexed With Isocitrate, Nadp+, and Calcium
Mol_Id: 1; Molecule: Isocitrate Dehydrogenase; Chain: Null; Synonym: Oxalosuccinate
Decarboxylase, Idh; Ec: 184.108.40.206; Biological_Unit: Dimer
B. L. Stoddard, A. Mesecar, D. E. Koshland Junior
Mesecar, A. D., Stoddard, B. L., , D. E. Koshland Jr.: Orbital steering in the catalytic
power of enzymes: small structural changes with large catalytic consequences. Science
277 pp. 202 (1997)
[ Medline ]
To manipulate the image:
PC: right click anywhere on the image to get a list of options
Mac: click and hold anywhere on the image to get a list of options
Try performing the following manipulations using the list of options:
1. Go to display -> cartoon
2. Go to select -> change color to -> purple
3. Go to select -> hetero -> ligand
4. Go to display -> ball and stick
5. Go to color -> CPK
6. Rotate the image by clicking on the mouse and moving the mouse around.
7. Orient the molecule so that you can see both the NADP and isocitrate molecules.