Helping Students Discover Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics
- Introduce terms, concepts and methods.
- Increase motivation and involve them in process of scientific
- Challenge with increasing genomic complexities.
- Train to effectively use online resources.
- Develop analytical skills using a wide assortment of experimental
- Encourage use of models to make testable predictions.
Topics Covered in 15 Week Semester (MWF
for 1 hour)
- Transition from Genetics to Genomics (3 Chapters over 5 days)
- Genome Sequence Acquisition and Analysis (2 Chapters over
- Genomic Variations and Ethical Concerns (1 Chapter over 4
- DNA Microarrays (2 Chapters over 9 days)
- Proteomics (1 Chapter over 6 days)
- Genomic Circuits (3 Chapters over 9 days)
- Total: 12 Chapters over 41 days + First, last, and two test
recovery days = 45 days.
GCAT Home Page
Biology Home Page
© Copyright 2003 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: email@example.com