1. Students read and access real data using an internet-connected computer.
John Kogoy (’03) reads text and consults internet database.
2. Challenge students to think continuously
3. Students use the same databases researchers use.
(e.g. SGD, Expression Connection, Genome Browser, DIP, Protein Data Bank, etc.)
4. Nurture students capacity to think creatively.
Web Resources (The
1. Methods Explained for those with limited exposure to molecular methods. (e.g. Capillary Electrophoresis)
2. Structures Available (e.g. human leptin)
Megan Shafer (’03) wearing 3D goggles for
StereoEyes (about $500 each) http://www.stereographics.com/
ComWeb device for image distribution.
3. Sequences available for copy and paste into BLAST (e.g. Mycobacterium DNA)
This is the 98 base pair portion of IS6110 that was sequenced
and you should use to
perform a BLAST search:
4. Links to online databases, resources and investigators’ labs.
GCAT Home Page
Biology Home Page
© Copyright 2003 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: email@example.com