1) First, collect a sequence at this site. You may choose either leptin or its receptor.
2) Copy the sequence and then click on the back button.
3) Now go to the Kyte-Doolittle web page.
4) Paste your sequence in the open box. Choose 11 as the window size.
5) Click on the "Return to Entry Form" at the top left. Re-paste your sequence into the box but this time set the window to 3. What effect did this parameter change have on your output?
6) Repeat the plot but this time set the window to 25. Can you predict what the plot will look like? Try to explain the effect of changing the window size.
Genomics Course Page
Biology Department Main Page
© Copyright 2003 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035