Is it possible to teach an ill-defined discipline?
- Avoid trying to encapsulate the core content.
- Don't encourage students to memorize details.
- Set your educational goals to match your own
expectations in genomics.
- Model your course on real-world experiences.
- Match your assessment methods to match your
- Combine your research interests with your teaching
- Teach genomics as a way of thinking and learning
rather than a body of knowledge.
© Copyright 2003 Department
of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org