1) Go to SMD <http://genome-www5.stanford.edu/MicroArray/SMD/> and notice the range of papers they have available online. You can search this site by gene, species, etc.
2) Click on the small black button that says "Published Data". On the results page, click on the "Next" button near the blue arrow near the top left of the page.
3) Click on the link for the paper by Iyer et al. "Genomic binding sites of the yeast cell-cycle transcription factors SBF and MBF." Iyer, V.R., et al. (2001) Nature 409:533-538.
4) Click on the "Figures" link on the left side.
5) Click on Figure 1. Read this summary. Can you describe how this variation of DNA microarray method worked? What we could we learn from this type of experiment?
Genomics Course Page
Biology Department Main Page
© Copyright 2002 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035