Chapter 7: Genomic Circuits in Single Genes
Section 7.1 Dissecting a Gene's
- How do genomes control individual genes?
- How does a gene control location, timing, and quantity
- What does module G do?
- Can we apply engineering and computer science concepts
Section 7.2 Intergrating Single-Gene
- How can we describe to others what we know about
a genome circuit?
- Can we visualize circuits for protein interaction
and DNA binding?
Chapter 8: Integrated Genomic Circuits
Section 8.1 Simple Integrated
- Can genes form toggle switches and make choices?
- Can humans engineer a genetic toggle switch?
- Can humans build a synthetic circadian clock from
a toggle switch design?
- If switches are so noisy, how can multi-cellular
- Redundancy: is it really beneficial to have more
than one copy of a gene?
8.1 How are stochastic models applied to cellular
Section 8.2 Complex Integrated
- Are circuits the key to learning?
- Can we understand cancer better by understanding
- If circuits are interconnected, does gene order matter?
8.2 Is it possible to predict steady-state behavior?
Chpater 9: Modeling Whole-Genome Circuits
Section 9.1 Is genomics a new
- The people involved: Who is doing systems biology?
- The quality of the message: What questions do systems
Section 9.2 Can we model entire eukaryotes
with a systems approach?
- How do yeast adapt to new food sources?
- Genomics vs. Proteomics
- Building a systems model
- Context of the message
Section 9.3 Will systems biology
Molecular Biology Course
Biology Course Materials
Biology Home Page
© Copyright 2003 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: email@example.com