Future Needs for GCAT
Core facility needs its own microarray reader.
- October 2000, NSF-MUE proposal submitted to purchase microarray reader.
- Co-PIs: Laura Hoopes (Pomona College), Todd Eckdahl (Missouri Western State College) and Laurie Heyer (math) A. Malcolm Campbell (biology) Davidson College.
Long-term supply of many DNA microarrays (Corning? Agilent? Affimetric? You?)
- Oligos for Barcode Approach
- Oligos or ORFs for RNA Approach
Collect and Disseminate Student-Tested Protocols
- Post data, methods, interpretations on web sites
- Develop SNPs (student-nice protocols) with GCAT as central hub
- Publish pedagogical papers in new ASCB electronic education-based journal
Adapt New Genomic Methods for Undergraduate Use
Increased Participation by More Faculty
- Breakout Session Today
- American Society for Microbiology
- Council for Undergraduate Research
- Project Kaleidoscope
- Word of Mouth
- Niffty T-shirts!
© Copyright 2000 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28036
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org