1) Go to PubMed and search for the term "Chromosome". How many hits did you get?
2) Now try searching with "Chromosome Evolution". Did you get fewer hits?
3) This time try Structural Dynamics Eukaryotic". Did you get similar hits to your first two queries?
4) Finally, search using the entire phrase "Structural Dynamics Eukaryotic Chromosome Evolution". You should get two hits. Clcik on the link for the paper by Eichler and Sankoff.
5) From their absrtact, can you understan what their research question was and how they combined math, computer science and biology to understand genome evolution?
Genomics Course Page
Biology Department Main Page
© Copyright 2003 Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035