Upcoming Lab Courses
Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics Lab
Discovery Science and Model Building
- Crystalize proteins - wet lab
- Visualize structures in 3D - computer lab
- Design better drugs - computer lab
- Use Yeast Two-Hybrid to detect protein interactions - wet
- Print partial yeast genome DNA microarrays - wet lab
- Conduct experiments with partial DNA chips - wet lab
- Analyze data using Laurie Heyer's software - computer lab
- Conduct experiments with whole yeast genome chips - wet lab
- Analyze data from whole genome experiment - computer lab
Hypothesis Testing and Molecular Analysis
- Use GFP- and RFP-tagged proteins to determine cellular localization
- Use FRET to detect protein-protein interactions in vivo
- wet lab.
- Immunoprecipitate to verify interactions - wet lab.
- Visualize 3D structure of NADP+- and NAD+-dependent IDHs
- computer lab.
- Predict critical amino acids - computer lab.
- Site-directed mutagenesis to make substitutions - wet lab.
- Express recombinant proteins and measure coenzyme specificity
- wet lab.
© Copyright 2002 Department
of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
Send comments, questions, and suggestions to: email@example.com