Connections Between Mathematics & Biology
PKAL 2006 National Assembly
Conversations Among Colleagues
* Deer Overpopulation
* Mercury Concentration in Female Dolphins
* The Chesapeake Bay Dead Zone
* Zebra Mussel Overpopulation
* What is a Dot Plot?
* Can you estimate the number of inversions in a dot plot?
* How can you tell if base compositions are different?
* How do you model population diversity?
* Are All SNPs Really SNPs?
* What does a positive genetic test result really mean?
* How do you analyze microarray data?
* How do you know if you have sampled enough cells?
* What’s the right dose of medication?
* How can you build a gene from oligos?
Web Site for Excel Files to answer some Genomic Cases
(^ click on Math Minutes on left column of choices)
Overview of Three Undergraduate Biomathematics Programs
MATHEMATICS and BIOLOGY: THE INTERFACE
CHALLENGES and OPPORTUNITIES
HOW TO GRAPH A DIFFERENCE EQUATION IN EXCEL