1. Blevins, F. (1998). Treatment of articular cartilage defects in athletes: An analysis of functional outcome and lesion appearance. Orthopedics (Thorofare, N.J.), 21(7), 761-768.
2. Bruder, S. (1997). Monoclonal antibodies reactive with human osteogenic cell surface antigens. Bone (New York, N.Y.), 21(3), 225-235.
3. Bruder, S. (1998). Bone regeneration by implantation of purified, culture-expanded human mesenchymal stem cells. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 16(2), 155-162.
4. Bruder, S. (1998). Mesenchymal stem cells in osteobiology and applied bone regeneration. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, (355), S247-S256.
5. Buckwalter, J. (1998). Articular cartilage: Injuries and potential for healing. The Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 28(4), 192-202.
6. Cohen, N. (1998). Composition and dynamics of articular cartilage: Structure, function, and maintaining healthy state. The Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 28(4), 203-215.
7. Gill, T. (2000). The role of the microfracture technique in the treatment of full-thickness chondral injuries. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine, 8(2), 138-140.
8. Goldman, R. (1997). Arthroscopic treatment of the degenerative knee in older athletes. Clinics in Sports Medicine, 16(1), 51-&.
9. Grande, D. (1995). Repair of articular cartilage defects using mesenchymal stem cells. Tissue Engineering, 1(4), 345-53.
10. Gudas, R. R. (2006). Osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of articular cartilage defects in the knee joint in athletes. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy : Official Journal of the ESSKA, 14(9), 834-842.
11. Irrgang, J. (1998). Rehabilitation following surgical procedures to address articular cartilage lesions in the knee. The Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 28(4), 232-240.
12. Mankin, H. (1982). The Response of Articular-Cartilage to Mechnical Injury. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.American Volume, 64(3), 460-466.
13. Miller, B. (2004). Patient satisfaction and outcome after microfracture of the degenerative knee. The Journal of Knee Surgery, 17(1), 13-7.
14. Mithoefer, K. K. (2005). The microfracture technique for the treatment of articular cartilage lesions in the knee. A prospective cohort study. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.American Volume, 87(9), 1911-1920.
15. Mithoefer, K. K. (2006). High-impact athletics after knee articular cartilage repair: A prospective evaluation of the microfracture technique. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 34(9), 1413-1418.
16. Mithoefer, K. K. (2009). Clinical efficacy of the microfracture technique for articular cartilage repair in the knee: An evidence-based systematic analysis. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 37(10), 2053-2063.
17. Namdari, S. S. (2009). Results and performance after microfracture in national basketball association athletes. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 37(5), 943-948.
18. Pittenger, M. (1999). Multilineage potential of adult human mesenchymal stem cells. Science (New York, N.Y.), 284(5411), 143-147.
19. Riyami, M. (2009). Evaluation of microfracture of traumatic chondral injuries to the knee in professional football and rugby players. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, 4, 13.
20. Sledge, S. (2001). Microfracture techniques in the treatment of osteochondral injuries. Clinics in Sports Medicine, 20(2), 365.
21. Steadman, J. (2001). Microfracture: Surgical technique and rehabilitation to treat chondral defects. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, (391), S362-S369.
22. Steadman, J. (2002). Microfracture to treat full-thickness chondral defects: Surgical technique, rehabilitation, and outcomes. The Journal of Knee Surgery, 15(3), 170-6.
23. Steadman, J. (2003). The microfracture technique in the treatment of full-thickness chondral lesions of the knee in national football league players. The Journal of Knee Surgery, 16(2), 83-6.
24. Wakitani, S. (1994). Mesenchymal Cell-Based Repair of Large, Full-Thickness Defects of Articular-Cartilage. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.American Volume, 76A(4), 579-592.
Link to Animal Physiology Hot Topics
Email Me for more information or questions about Microfracture Knee Surgery